Tuesday, October 23, 2007

dear to-be-married,

since i find myself in a state of uncertainty over an impending season of marriages (cousins, friends, classmates) & my continued non-married status (much to the dismay of my mum who attributes all ills to this), i'll resist from exhibiting extreme enthusiasm. but am happy for you especially for having stayed with a man this long (six yrs). i view any relationship surviving the year mark as a miracle, so yours and those of others seem like catatonia.. kidding. i recently survived the one year mark & so great was my stress over it that i almost had a nervous breakdown. i found it difficult even to say 'happy anniversary'. words of endearment/affection at the end of my stilted 'happy anniversary' wish froze. my face must have been a laugh not knowing if it needs to express happiness or insouciance or terror. the man's no gentleman but he's less twisted than me which gives him enough insight to let go of this lack of 'maturity'.
nevertheless, it will be great to meet you guys. your wedding date reminder stands magnetized on my fridge. see you there.

ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment