Thursday, June 14, 2007

Stuff of the moment…
Betwixt the souls of reality
The eye of the tiger shines

To Time the casual jester
We asked - Why put
A Love Wreath on our hearts?

You whose legs floating
In the river of peace
Pointed to heaven and screamed
‘Give me my sorrow’s due’
Whither have you left
Leaving me the ghost memories.


Silver afternoons
A red poem on the wings of my butterfly memories
I sang. To you my dream-a-too lover,
My Thunderbird silly smiler,
Snickers sharer, Beautiful Mind defender,
Ridiculously yet you vanish saying
“Pss… but I like you…”,
Innocent eyes on silver afternoons.


To the Gods with feet of Clay
Why did you relieve my heart with your presence?
Give me the inspiration to dream
Show me a path to follow
Fill me with hope of a better tomorrow
And a need to be like you
When you had feet of clay.


The Hope of Deliverance
When the dreams of tomorrow die
Like a withered gnarled tree
And sorrows continue their keening
How will I spy me in the Mirror?
For the talons of a broken heart
Scale the smiles of my eyes
They break between the sighs
And strangle the hopeful voice
When do I see within the palms of time
The day of my deliverance due?


The Song of Silence
Upon those aquamarine blues
They sang to me in silence.
They - the pack of soulful terrors.
And whilst my heart passion-raced
They disappeared into the night
Leaving footprints in my mind’s gaze.


Inebriated on life
In this frivolous trivial world
Whither will we fly lil bird?
Under the bright blue sky
Roam into the corners of eternity
Sigh at the intensity of the splendous lines
Twirl within the spaces of our minds
Waltz on the undulating waves of time
Stare at the autumn vibrant butterfly
Toe onto the vertigo of infinity
Seek if for a moment to be blown
To die, to annihilate ourselves
Phoenix-like rise again and smile
Hold hands and walk on dusk-dappled beaches
Weeping within ourselves
And singing the life-song.

2 Comments:

  1. Renuka Raj said...
    Nice ones! Do you continue to write romantic poetry? Would be a true test of your character if you could. I must admit that I cannot... somehow the harsh realities have taken full control of my heart and soul.
    misch said...
    well most of my poetry these days is dark & morbid. :)... no more romantic poetry. end up writing any poetry in extreme emotional states! lol...
    frankly i don't know if it's a pity or not to lose faith like this...

Post a Comment